Thursday, September 30, 2010

more productive than I thought....

Woke up late, my room gets NO sunlight, especially since I leave the blinds closed. Said a prayer in bed to get me past the dangerous dream- a dream of things I dare not hope for, being based on the choices of one other person, and God....and thus none of my business- and I was answered....Thank you! Talk to Kristy (roommate) call from Matt (friend from school) .

RUN! walk, stretch RUN! walk, stop,

Gaze at the reservoir, ponder on the power of pondering by a pond.

RUN

home, shower, cancel plans with Matt,
facebook,

clean the room...ai yai yai! (is that how you spell that?)
Before






After



nexr: cry for a little bit....heartbreak is so random, but it's timing is perfect.
more prayer, more answers :)

text from Uncle Tim :) "you're in town!? Do you eat?"

Look at the schedule...
pack
go
train.....argh.. I'm going to be late, but it's cool cuz it's for fun :)

50th street- call Uncle Tim...where are you? You can see me?? Walk which way? .... creepy...O THERE YOU ARE!!
Hugs, chats,

DINNER AT SAPPARO... delicious Japanese, I don't even remember what I ate, Pork Noodle thing... SO GOOD definitely Cleaned my plate

GREAT CONVERSATION... my experience in New York, how much I love Harlem, auditioning, the break up. "Why are you visiting New York?"- travel, client, PR work, all expenses paid (including this dinner ;);) ), advertising, market, audience- ad agencies that sign on to chat rooms/twitter/facebook and promote specific products POSED AS INDIVIDUALS......creepy? YES. Smart? YES.
Made me think twice about what I say on facebook/blog/in my bathroom (jk...sort of).

One of my favorite parts: explaining my most recent dillema (that I'm sort of excited about now). I have MANY skills that make me no money at this point. So... how can I fix that? It needs to be done but it takes planning. I need to organize it all so it makes sense. It's very complicated so I'll have to post about it another time, BUT, I finally sat with someone I trust and talked about the complications and got some positive feedback. It put me in a place that helped me to feel excited about the work that I can do on it :).

We talked about family (mom's arm, Kelly's wedding/ marriage life...bla bla) then he took me to an incredible sheet music store (the name escapes me) and I had to go to get to the temple but he stayed to get guitar music (as he does for EVERY business trip he he). He comes periodically to the city- I'll be seeing him again soon I'm sure. :)

The Temple was awesome... as always. I love thinking about the gift that is being given and received because it's the next step to Godliness and who knows how long they've been waiting. :)....I feel like my recent experiences have given me an understanding of just how POWERFUL the GIFT of the Holy Ghost is and how imperitive it is to having an amazing relationship with God.

Debated going to the folk are museum....no more saying next time or I won't do things!!! NO MORE. (it was probably closed but honestly just learning that about myself was worth the thought and extending resolution).

Home... cooking for tomorrow.

Bread for the neighbors (and to test the bread maker- last time we could all smell burning... :S). Rice, pack the lunch. Talk to Ingrid about rearranging the apartment (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)- we're planning for sunday to play around with it :)

Stayed up (too late!) blogging...

and impulsively cutting my hair...





:):S

3 comments:

kelli said...

Wow, Val. Wow.
Love the After picture.. :) haha.
But I'm so glad you were able to see and talk to someone you trust to help you out--AND free dinner! So much information in that little post, but it sounds like it was quite the day. I second that motion--the temple IS AMAZING. I love going there. Thank you, Peace.

Kelly Jean said...

What a fabulous day!! I'm glad it ended well, and that my Papsy & you could hang for a little while :) I think we need a picture of said haircut, hmm?? Love ya!

Christine Frandsen said...

If you'd answer your dang phone then maybe I could have seen you near 50th street yesterday! :)

Maybe I have an old phone number??? I don't know. Call me sometime.

Let us see the hair Val pal!