Saturday, September 4, 2010

Scheduling...

So sometimes I get a little crazy with my schedule and I create a picture perfect ideal layout of ways that I can do absolutely everything possible in one day.It looks sort of like this:



Which is pretty do-able actually but the big "wa- wa" is that I make the schedule and then...don't look at it ever again :) he he. SO since I'm home sick today I'm going to check out some articles on ways to schedule things and I've already found some awesomeness online.

This one is my favorite so far. I think step 6 is the one that gets me. I leave personal time open and then I don't know what to do with it because I don't DECIDE what I'm going to do. I'd like to make a 'to do in New York' list and focus on that but...all in good time. I don't have to do that today.

This one's pretty awesome too. In most of these there are just a couple steps that I completely ignore that lead to my down fall. In this particular article it's step five- "Take charge and control of your schedule. Learn to be flexible. Your personal schedule is not the Ten Commandments. You should regard it as a tool that helps make your time more productive and efficient and your life more enjoyable."

Read more: How to Make a Personal Schedule | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6049395_make-personal-schedule.html#ixzz0yZQ59c6N

There's this other one that is pretty intense but I can't copy and paste the link because it immediately downloads, BUT I like it in a lot of ways. It does a step by step of how to the most important things first and then so on and so forth.

I've noticed I get really stressed out when I realize that I won't be able to do everything that I want to do. For example, I'm taking a road trip with Tim to Indiana next week and I'm WAY excited (we still have to figure out some MAJOR details like...where we're gonna sleep) but when I think about all the planning and packing and then routine things I like to do like workout, scriptures, practicing etc. I get stressed. (5 breaths Val, you got this. It's just life, and dangit it's fun).

I also don't do well in a lifestyle that has NO consistency whatsoever- which is pretty much what defines my life right now. Sometimes life is just one big curve ball...wow.

1 comment:

Sami said...

I texted you but I don't know if you get texting. So anyway, I'm in upstate NY, are you in the city? Even if you are you should come and visit me sometime! I'd love to have you stay with me and hang out!