Saturday, September 25, 2010

Today...

Today was full of beautiful things. I got up, earlier than my body wanted, and gathered up my two large bags of laundry (somehow this chore escapes my attention. It's not that I don't like doing it, it's really easy, I just tend to put it off because of the bag lugging, which is sill because the longer you wait the more you lug). Down around the corner we have a laundramat. $2.50 wash, 25 cents every 7 minutes to dry-generally $2.00.
Then I jumped on the subway (still wan to call it the T like boston), and rode off to work (yay Ruby's!)
Here's a picture of my job in times square. This is a google pic, so there's a target ad above our door now, but you get the idea



Worked at Ruby's ALL DAY - made lots of monies
I'm still poor. :) It's part of the beauty

Then I went straight to the RS Broadcast. And on my way there I was noticing people on the train. I've been thinking a lot lately about beauty and what it means and what makes someone beautiful. And I was noticing people on the train and everyone was so beautiful! Every shape and size and smell (except the ones that STANK!... jk jk). Then after the broadcast I was looking around still at all the women/girls at the meeting and every single one had so much light in her eyes and we were all dressed nicely, but modestly (meaning not extravagantly). And I really couldn't look at anyone and think they were anything other than totally gorgeous. It was a nice feeling. I felt like I loved them all. :) I like that

The broadcast was so good too. I loved all the speakers. I was reading my notes later on the subway, and people were asking me about it. It helped me realize too that I need own my own choices...meaning, I do things to make other people happy, so sometimes I neglect myself. Anyway, it was interesting to have people ask and then see their reaction when I said I was reading my notes from a church meeting I'd just come from. One guy "wanted to know more" but only wanted to talk about it over coffee, not with the missionaries or at church, or even look it up online....wa wa... "I'm flattered sir but I don't meet up for coffee with random drunk men I met on the subway." I may sill call him but I'll probably take a "boyfriend" just in case.

All in all, a great day :). Glad to be alive !

No comments: