Monday, July 21, 2008

Create

I just got back from the John Mayer concert at USANA. And I have to say that I'm so inspired right now. I've always loved doing a billion things at once and this is why. I see someone do something amazing and I think "o I JUST want to DO that." And that's what John Mayer has done to me tonight. And that's what Idina Mendel does to me every time I listen to Wicked, and John Williams whenever I listen to a score and Shakespeare, Bach, Beethoven, Ben Folds, Itzak Pearlman, Charlotte Church, Josh Groban, Julia Hunter, Nickie Singleton, and all my friends at school who are AMAZING at whatever they do. But it's not just art it's so many other things. It's this amazing passion sponge inside that sees someone succeeding at whatever they are passionately talented at. And I wish I could say that there was no jealousy in there but let's be honest I'm human and I'm working on it. But really, its such a great thing to want to do everything but then such a let down to realize that I CAN'T. There's no way i can be all those things right now. Just no way.

Now wait a minute? Am I gonna let that word "can't" keep me from exploring and learning and pushing myself?? That would just be... dumb. Really dumb. But how do you do it. How do you really go for something all the way, and do the same for every OTHER thing you love? Maybe it's as simple as adding the word "yet."

I don't have an anzwer. And I don't know if actually trying to do them all is faithful or unhealthy. But I'm excited enough to write some music :). So I'll just think about that for now, and worry about all that thought stuff later.

(as always your input is encouraged- especially in a case like this. ;) chao!)

6 comments:

Ellen Irion said...

way to get rid of the can't. and I love it when you write, even if I'm the only one who hears it (selfish I know) but this time you should record a bunch, because adam is free! and really excited to record you, he mentioned it like 3 times yesterday. o and i love the picture edit

vallarsen49 said...

;) ya I edit everything now. It's kind of obsessive.

vallarsen49 said...

O and thanks for the compliment. I love that you love it. It really helps so much. A lot of the time when I write if I ever get scared I think.. "well, Ellen likes it" and all your friends like it :). Happiness. Thanks for supporting me i love dew

Kelly Jean said...

Wow. Inspiring is the perfect description of the concert. I wish I could go again. Or a date with him would suffice.

Anonymous said...

ha! thanks for the shout-out! makes me think of this: http://tosendwarmth.blogspot.com/2008/06/homogenic.html
"sometimes when i feel love, all i can do is create."

Katie W. said...

I am so grateful for your creative spirit. You are one of the most talented people I know and I feel blessed to have you in my life. I often times feel the same way, I want to do everything, see everything and simply create, singing and dancing, simply expressing how the world has made me feel. As Rosilnd says in, As you like it, " prithee, take the cork out of thy mouth that I may drink thy tidings." We all have so much to offer and if we only take the time to unplug ourselves, live with patience; hope and perseverance the well of living water that lives within each one of us will be able to spring forth touching those around us. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of patience and perseverance, thank you for understanding that "it is not requisite that a man run faster than he can walk." Thank you!.