Sunday, July 27, 2008

Again

Do you ever get those songs that just hit your heart for everything they are? That's how Tom Petty's Free Fallin' is for me. I've only heard the John Mayer Cover but it literally hurts my heart everytime I hear it. It makes my muscles twitch to dance. *sigh*

Today was a good day. My house is full of my siblings :') and they're babies. It's not very often that that happens. We stay up late and I don't even care. Every 5 minutes something adorable happens and I think "where the heck is my camera RIGHT now?" Children are magic. They are. They stand there all brand new to life and they're so beautiful that I could hold them, spin them, kiss them and run around with them forever. There's nothing so precious as that high pitch chuckle followed by "AGAIN!" And I'm always tryin to push back the thought that says "I hope I"m they're favorite aunt" because I know I could never compete with my amazing siblings for such a role.
And then the little ones go to bed and all us "grown-ups" stay up playing mario-cart, eating cereal and saying "I'm tired" but never going to bed....*sigh. And inside I have the same chuckle followed by the same request "AGAIN!" These are the weekends that we work day in and day out for. These are the moments we think about when we can't stand to think about everything else that's going on. Everyone crammed into one house, sitting around the same table, loving the same children, and wishing that the weekend would last and last and last and last and last. And I can say with my whole heart, my whole mind, my whole soul- there is NO WHERE else I'd rather be.

Thankyou Lord, for my family- I can be with them "again," forever, and never stop feeling this incredible smile in my heart.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

....and then Lindsay shows up at 12:30 when everyone is finishing their cereal and heading to bed. What sort of excitement do we come up with in the middle of the night? Clean empty boxes/cartons of food and put the left over peanut butter from 4 cups to just 1. Check out some blogs and listen to music. Talk for hours and finally make myself go home. What a great weekend ;)