Monday, September 1, 2008

the bus....

So I ride the bus a lot. And I noticed the other day that there's a vicious thought pattern that none of us ever seem to really overcome. And that is the thought that TODAY I don't need to brace myself or hold on to anything, I can go on talking to my friend, reading my book, or struggling to get my head phone in and the sudden movement of the bus won't affect my BALANCE at ALL. This thought is a lie. And yet everyone falls for it every time. We are fools in our little world.

What do YOU fall for everytime?

(I always fall for the 'something on your shirt' trick- the one where they flip your nose....so annoying)

1 comment:

L.W. said...

1. I NEVER crack my knuckles unless it's completely by accident. It makes me cringe. Ugh!

2. I always think I don't need a sweater when I go to church, when I totally know that if I don't have one, I will FREEZE in their intense air conditioning. And then I have to ask Ryan for his jacket halfway through sacrament meeting...