Monday, September 29, 2008

Sharon Vermont

This weekend I got to go to the birthplace of Joseph Smith. The spirit there is INCREDIBLE! This was my second year going with my ward and I'm so grateful!! I really gained such a strong part of my testimony there last year and this year it was only fortified by the STRONGEST confirmation of the spirit I have ever felt IN MY LIFE.

I KNOW Joseph Smith is a prophet, with EVERY FIBER of my being. I never knew what that meant until now, but I can say that I DO know with the ardour and truth. I wish I could share that knowledge with everyone. Being a member of this church is the most important thing I will ever do and I'm so incredibly grateful that the Lord has blessed me to know what I do. And so excited to think that there's so much more for me to learn. :) I love you all, and if you feel like you want a stronger testimony of Joseph Smith or anything that you feel is not and strong as you would like, I'm telling you from personal experience that all you have to do is ASK and be patient. He WILL let you know and strengthen you. O! I would love it if anyone would like to bear their testimony as a comment to this post! That would be really cool- feel free if you feel so inspired. I know Christ lives and loves us and we can learn and grow and become perfected in Him.

ALL MY LOVE TO YOU ALL!!

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Val, I love how rooted you are in the Gospel. You're so true to your feelings and will stand by them in the wildest of storms. It's such a strength to have friends like you who are a sturdy support system, so that when times get low, we have each other to buoy one another up. Thanks for your testimony - for sharing it & for living it. I love you girl.

PS - I agree with you about Joseph Smith. I've often thought, if the Gospel ISN'T true, then I don't think he would've put up with all the torment and persecutions he received... at SOME point, he would've given up. But he KNEW it was true, and he didn't let anyone convince him otherwise. Wow. What a faithful man. The Gospel is so beautiful. It makes complete sense, and is centered around goodness. It really brings a peaceful feeling. Ah, I love it. I feel so lucky to know the truth.

Thanks again for sharing! :)

Sami said...

I have to second Kelly on that one, Val. You are so strong it really is an inspiration for other people.

The thing that I love the most about the Gospel is that it just makes sense. Everything that we have, everything that it teaches, is just there as common sense for us to be happy. I've seen it in my life, and especially in others who aren't living the Gospel, these rules, these commandments that we have, they are only to make us happier, to give us a more complete freedom than if we didn't have them. God knows what He is doing. He is infinitely more knowledgeable and wise than we could EVER hope to be in this life or even possibly imagine, and so He knows what will give us the peace and happiness that we want.

I love that. I love knowing that there is a Heavenly Father who knows me better than I know myself, that He knows my weaknesses and my strengths, and love me more for it. There is nothing more reassuring than to know that a loving and caring Heavenly Father is watching what I do and is happy when I am happy, and sad when I am sad, and wants me to succeed in this life so I can be better in the next. I just love it all and I'm grateful I have it ALL.