Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I met someone...

Today I experienced the most exhilarating thrill of joy. I went took a trip to the grocery store, music blasting in my ears, wind streaking through my hair, singing along to my tunes, not a care for the looks of those around me. A new freedom has come into my life.....

Serena

Sleek and beautiful in a foresty green with dusty gold embellishments. Yet strong and bold, she's ready for rough terrain and a heavy load on each shoulder- she doesn't complain. She merely floats through the streets, weaving between unsuspecting pedestrians, as though to say, politely but confidently "pardon me, I have somewhere to be." She's fast and thorough and sharp as a tack, she's touring the facility and picking up slack...

my bike.

We went to the grocery store---it was fantastic. It felt like having a convertible car. O! and she has a BELL!! I forgot that part. And whenever I ring it I literally laugh out loud. haha- it's so funny. People all react differently. I love it. It's so happy.

I also got a basil plant. Bailey. Don't ask me where my new infatuation with naming things came from...I have no idea. But like it. Bailey smells wonderful. I have her a hair cut and tomorrow i will make pesto. After I buy some pine nuts.

3 comments:

Adam Ruben said...

Haha! I know I comment on all of your blogs but this one was hilarious! :) You have the funniest way with words, I love how your finding simple pleasures:) I need to do that more.

Kelly Jean said...

Don't you just love riding a bike?! I love it. That's my new favorite form of exercise/relaxing. So happy. Serena sounds like a beaut. :) Ha ha. Love it.

Sharesa Larsen said...

You make me laugh! Oh and by the by, I am taking the plunge, I am going to be a Close to My Heart Consultant, so if you want to do a party or something sometime, let me know! Thanks for your support! I love and miss you terribly!