Monday, January 5, 2009

A new year, a new semester- yessssssss

To all my friends:
Thank you for being so fabulous and so much fun. I've seen so many people over this break that I absolutely missed to pieces ( I even rekindled a little crush, but don't ask). I got to talk to dear friends from school and work that I'm not with right now but who influence me for the better no matter where they are. Thanks for being there and loving me.


To my class mates:
I love you all. We are so different, I don't understand you and I'm sure there's a lot about me that raises your eyebrow. But whatever else happens know that I love you and I pray to be able to relate to you even through our differences and shortcomings. I'm trying so hard to show you that I care. Please don't be afraid of me, forgive me and give me the benefit of the doubt whenever possible- I'm a mess most of the time.

To my teachers:
I promise to be better, to not judge my class mates or myself, to be honest about my limitations, and soft spoken in my disagreement. Know that I love the art for the fulfillment and enlightenment it can bring to its audience and that my goal is to bring light and knowledge, not to discourage and defame. I am convicted in the things I will and will not do and do not draw those lines lightly or without hours of meditation, study and prayer. I love each of you for the effort that you have put in to all your students, that you have put in to me. I'm sorry for being a sass this semester- I'll be better.

To my family:
Wow. I sure owe you guys one. In every way. You keep me in check, you love me always, you put up and even have grown to love my weirdness. You let me stay at your house whenever I feel like it, make amazing picture slideshows that make me love life more than I could say, ask me for advice just so I'll feel smart, love my nieces and nephews, pay for my school, give me kisses and I love yous and big 'ol hugs. You help me see that the gospel is where it's at and remind me that I know of it's truth way down in my soul, to a degree that I cannot ever deny it. And you need me too, which is wonderful.

wow- that's a lot to think about. Sorry that sounds so serious. I get carried away but I'm really excited for a new beginning. I've had a great semester but I know this one will be even greater!! I'm so excited!! yay. Here's to a happy new year! Good luck with all your resolutions!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

wasn't sure if i fit under friends or family...seeing as how i basically lived at your house the last week! :)
Dang it i miss you...good thing we still have this weekend!
oh, love the new pic by the way- and i laughed out loud for some reason at your "i don't have a playlist SO THERE" thing haha love you :)