Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Greatest Principle...

While pondering the beauties of the gospel one day, recently, I was thinking about missionary work and how great it would be if everyone you knew just walked up and asked you "what's the most important thing you ever learned. If you had one last life lesson to share with the world what would it be?" because then you could just tell them how great Christ is. And then I thought, "wow, what a great thing to ask people who are TOTALLY different from you." So I decided that would be my soul searcher for the semester. But even though it's something they'd say to the world I'm paraphrasing so I'll keep it anonoymous- with initials so I can at least remember. Here's the first two so far

C. J. A. 1/16/09:

I've come to realize something about people, and I first noticed it on my mission. That people, wherever they are in their progression, have infinite potential to go in a good direction, and infinite potential to go in a bad direction. It is amazing how far, and how quickly one person can progress when they humbly seek the direction of Heavenly Father.

M. W. 1/17/09

I would want everyone to know that Jesus Christ IS who He SAYS He is. And that He can and does do everything He says He can. I think that's the most important thing really.


Isn't that cool! I feel like it's a great way to open up a deep conversation and get to know what it is that really matters to a person. What's the greatest thing YOU'VE ever learned- what would you share with the whole world if you had the chance?

1 comment:

Ellen Irion said...

i'm gonna ask people that. i like it! and some other day when it isn't late and i don't need to be sleeping I will answer that question