Thursday, May 1, 2008

a long post

I hate to admit it but when I get on my friends' blogs and their posts are more than two paragraphs, I totally check out and don't finish reading the entry.  Which really is kind of impatient of me.  This is actually an insight into my ability to virtually listen.  If I'm not willing to read everything my friends have to say, would I be willing to sit and listen to them say it?  I mean, I usually think that blogs  and face book and such should be used to help your relationships with people, but maybe my balance is off.  How do YOU handle virtual sociality? 

6 comments:

Sami said...

I used to be like that... until I started staying at home and reading people's blogs became my big person social filling. Now I read everything.

P.S. HECK YES to the playdate idea. Call me. Or email me first if you don't have my email...

Ellen Irion said...

i like long posts most of the time actually :) tell me more tell me more

Kelly Jean said...

ah, so the truth comes OUT! :) kiddin. Yeah, I love the long posts... and I love pictures. I love the virtual connection with people, and real life connection... but the blog/facebook deal is awesome because you can stay in touch with people when it's convenient for you, then when you see them in real life, you don't have to spend forever getting to know each other again (or catching up) and can have things to talk about. And I don't mind the long posts cause I love to write... can you tell? Is this long enough for ya??

vallarsen49 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vallarsen49 said...

well I guess I'm on the shallow side. LOL. I'll start reading everything. Maybe I'll out grow my impatience. :)

Anonymous said...

you must like my blogg then, cause i never post more than a couple paragraphs-- i like to keep it consise :) just for you, i guess!