Tuesday, May 13, 2008

lots of miles and a salty face

Well I can't seem to get my computer to allow me to put my picture up BUT i GUESS I'll just continue on with the post as thought there were NOTHING WRONG.(I don't REALLY care it's just fun to pretend to be upset.)


So TODAY! I ran a really long long way. Guess how far! You'll never guess 8MILES!!!! That's the farthest I've run in a long long time. I was hard. My feet kind of hurt and my right knee wasn't much havin' it. But I DID IT! And when I got home I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror and thought "I look pretty good for having just run eight miles"- THEN I looked closer in the mirror and (this is the gross part) I had salt deposits all around my forehead, about an inch from my hairline. I took a picture to show you guys but my computer is a little bit weird. It's not as gross as it sounds. In fact I kind of think it's cool and a little bit hard core.

I'm hoping to run the marathon next year...:S... and I'm in pre-training training right now. I feel so clean and fresh! and HAPPY! I have realized today that I NEED to be really active to be this happy. When I don't keep my body going I am NOT as happy. It really makes you feel good inside and out. And on a spiritual note, I was thinking when I first got back that I was a pretty cool person taking initiative to run 8 miles and work towards a marathon and that Heavenly Father must be SO PROUD. Then I caught myself and really started thinking about it. And what I realized was that He doesn't doesn't care if I run 8 miles or 10 feet- if it makes me happy it makes him happy. And I don't need to be able to run a marathon to feel loved, He already thinks I'm amazingly beautiful just for trying and finding happiness. He'd love me infinitely if I DIDN'T try. And that's really comforting. :)

What brings YOU happiness??

2 comments:

Katasha Lyn said...

Val, I just love you so much. You are amazing and you make me happy!

Chrissie Lou said...

when Paul finished his marathon he was ALL sorts of salty. i did my 4 mile yesterday and I was thinking that was long- nice job on 8 :) :) :)!
You're the bomb Val- good luck on the training. Paul would love to give you tips- he would probably say... pretend your Rockie :)