Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vines

I run around the city.
I don't "need" anyone,
I flirt with the bad guy at work
but that's just in good fun.
And when he's flirtin' back with me
our hands may barely touch
And then I'm in another place
that cuts me up so much

and there's your hand
holdin mine
and I can't breathe in deep
your kiss there on my palm
makes me will the car to stop
just to throw my arms around you

And then I remember

I walk back home at midnight
I message a good friend
Tell him, if it weren't for distance, we might be more
And before he even writes back
I'm thinking of that day
And wishin I could tell you
that there's nothing in the way

And we drive for miles,
just talking about music
and nothing big between us
but our bodies and the sky
and if I think real hard
and let it get real quiet
...
...
I can hear your laugh
and my chest breaks in half

Because I remember

Every night I pray that things will change,
and solvance come to light
with you and I right there
and all the moments turn from black to white
and playing songs
and chasing dreams
and laughing at the stupid things
and never ever fighting you
and friends for miles
our families too
windows
doors
a bike
a car
a small garage
a christmas star
and birthday candles on a plate
and all the food we ever ate
and time collides and spins around



I have to shove it in the ground
it's grown a vine around my heart
and just before the blossoms start
I cut them off
CUT THEM OFF!
They're not allowed
they're dangerous

is it better to bleed a little bit by bit
than uproot the organ after it
has infiltrated all that's grown

tomorrow it will start again
I'll handle it a little better then
and better after that I'm sure
and more and more and more and more
til finally I will not bleed,
but now, because I feel the need...

"I miss you,
I love you,
I want it all back,
I know I know
be well"

No comments: