Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a letter

No one reads this anymore, so I figure I can write whatever I want without worrying about being liked (yes, it's true, I worry about being liked = dumb)

a letter to a friend on a cruise line:
Hello??
Are you alive?
This whole blog thing isn't really your forte is it?

But seriously how are you? Adjusting to paradise? Lots of rehearsals? Free food? Did you get a bike? Are you making friends? Are you glad you bought those shoes? Do you miss your family? I've been emailing Degan...he's awesome. I also got a lovely post from David on Facebook that I'm not sure how to respond to.... (awkward smile).
I had an audition this week too. Broadway version of Catch Me If You Can- I also had a callback, that I rocked, but I haven't heard anything (bad sign? it's been over 24 hours...no se). Work is good. My room is messy. I've been getting to some dance classes too. So what's the show like that you're doing? Are you taking lots of pictures :):):). Your key board says hi. I'm gonna name it... is it male or female? I'm thinking male- thoughts? Or you could go half and half and call it Taylor... or something. You'll also be happy to know that I have made a firm commitment to never treat your keyboard like a shelf (except for sheet music that I'm playing right then). I'm very proud of this decision and my ability so far to keep to that commitment. It's a clear sign to me that I will be able excel in other areas of my life that I'd like to be more self disciplined about (namely, eating healthy, regularly working out, brushing and flossing my teeth.....I'm realizing there are more than seems reasonable so I'll stop naming them now). I saw that you posted something on facebook and I MISSED YOU BY NINE MINUTES ... so disappointed in my own tardiness. I got a text from Marty too. I haven't responded yet but I think we're gonna get together for some laughs and hopefully some awesome tunes. Don't forget to send me all that stuff (charts... I swear there was something else I'll think of it and bombard your inbox :D ). I haven't talked to Javier for AGES and I'm still hoping to get his help on a website. But what I've been thinking about a lot lately is that when I expect to do something with someone elses help, it doesn't happen. So...I may just buy a book on design and coding and do it myself. Not that other people aren't willing to help I'm just not willing to bug them about it enough to make it happen. I just don't like bugging people. I'm installing Gchat video. (I remembered!! I need Jesse's number so I can give him his book). I've been writing some too. I like it. I need to create things. O! Paul Daighneault also invited me to audition for something, so I may be in Boston next week. I'm working a double on Thanksgiving, which is slightly lame but good that I'll be able to pay rent for December. The ward out here is nice........I don't really know anyone yet. I don't see them except for that one day and then an hour at FHE, which I love, but it's not enough time to really meet people. My bishop is so awesome though. I had a meeting with him just to chat...he's better for me than my last bishop. My last bishop was an awesome amazing man and we are very dear friends still, but he did NOT understand me, and I probably didn't understand him very well either, even though I secretly think I've got him figured out. I also decided to get a new counselor, a mormon this time...not that that matters really, but it would be nice if I could talk to someone about my relationship with God and whether or not I'm being obsessive.........you talked to me a lot about that .... do you think I'm obsessive in that area. My guess is that you'd say yes... but I don't know. Degan and I discussed your absence, I loved what he said:

I miss Tim, he is a swell guy to have around. I guess
it really was quite selfish of us, as land dwellers, to reserve him
for ourselves on just 29% of the world's surface area. Think of how
the other 71% must feel!

I'm hoping he'll come see me in my cabaret on Dec. 8th (it's gonna be awesome!) so we can take a whole day and just talk (insert fall montage of the sun rising and setting behind a picturesque tableau of Degan and I on a park bench...philosophizing). I'm sure a whole day will not be available (unless I request it off ... hm) but it would be nice. I think that's what heaven will be like for me (or at least part of it), just endless conversations with someone who's amazing to talk to. I'm trying to think if there's anything else to write you or ask you. .... hm... nope. Not for now.

6 comments:

Taylor's said...

I read it Val! I read it and still like you

Christine Frandsen said...

i like you even more now :)
'cause you're awesome.

Kelly Jean said...

Haha, Kathryn.

Val, you've got some solid friends who will always like you - myself included. Love :)

Chase said...

Hey Val,
I guess this means that people still read your thoughts (though I hope that doesn't make you start writing with reservation). I guess too often, we're just "ghosts listening in".

Thanks for writing, and please keep doing so.

Mooney said...

Boston? Got time for me to buy you lunch?

Sharesa Larsen said...

I read it Val and I LOVED it! It made me smile! I miss our phone calls and think that one is in order, don't you? Maybe tonight?! Sounds good to me, hopefully I remember about the time difference and don't call too late. Love ya!