Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude ...

I'm listening to the Gratitude Talk by President Monson from the October Conference 2010. And i think about the feelings I have of the Savior, or the feelings I've had in the past. I wonder about one feeling, the feeling of His POWER- His power to teach. Sometimes when i read of His sermons to his disciples He sounds a little harsh, not so gentle as He is often described. And I wonder about the kindness in His behavior. HOW kind? HOW loving? Who can I compare Him to in my daily life??

And then experiences are brought to my mind, and I am reminded through these thoughts: Remember the healing of your heart. Remember his presence at your bedside. How He wiped your tears. how He held you and lifted the otherwise inescapable weight from your chest. The PEOPLE He's sent to you, the opportunities you've been given. THAT IS HIM, THAT IS HIS DOING.

And so I've learned, that through the scriptures we learn of and about Him, but it is in our hearts and our interaction with Him that we truly know Him. Just as any friend we meet in this life. We may know of them and about them by reading their facebook status, or hearing about their life from a mutual friend. But we truly come to know them when we spend time with them and feel of each other's love :). I'm so grateful to have had the experiences in my life that allow me to truly KNOW who He is, and the joy that I can feel as a result of that knowledge.

No comments: