Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekly review

Monday- work...wow...then amazing frizbee at FHE. My new best friend Morgan came :). She's not a member. She laughs all the time and is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen!

Tuesday- work...wow...my legs get really tired at work. Tuesday night I went to see "Julie and Julia"- new flick about food. Made me want to eat good food always. I have to admit it also made me want to be more healthy. There were a lot of shots of the characters taking tums and leaning over the bathroom sink uncomfortably. I liked yummy food, but I also like feeling yummy inside :).

Wednesday...work :) then a voice lesson where I got some good love from Marilyn. She's fabulous. She always reminds me what's important while pushing me to be better than my weaknesses. I've been struggling with practicing and being consistent. She said something that really stuck with me about the choice we make between the DISCIPLINE that it takes to practice everyday, and the REGRET or guilt we feel when we show up to a lesson poorly practiced. It reminded me of a great quote from a John Bytheway talk I heard once

"Discipline weighs ounces, while regret weighs tons."

So I'm doing much better now :)

Thursday...no work... a lot of getting things done. I went to teach with the Sisters :). My new friend Jeanne (pronounced Genie) who committed to obey all the commandments and keep the word of wisdom. woo hoo! I also tried to go to dance, got sidetracked by the T and met a really nice young man to whom I had the privilege to give a pass along card. We were talking about life and futures and he sort of asked why I wanted to get married soon and have 8 children. The dance class didn't work out so I went to yoga instead - loves. I LOVE yoga.

Friday... work again, shorter though. I practiced and stuff in the afternoon. I can't remember what I did that night and my planner shows nothing...hm. I probably just stayed home and got ready for saturday

Saturday- WALDEN POND!! We went as a ward...absolutely fabulous!! We swam, and ate and did some shakespeare magic. It was so fun. I'm really glad I finally got to see it. It's more like a lake.

Saturday night we had a baptism for Betty - she's the cutest girl. It was really wonderful. Sorry to peter out at the end of the post but I'm tired and I have to get up. That's all for now. Sunday was great- I think I might try raw food some more. The more I read and learn the less garbage I want in me. I posted a link to my facebook account for a sweet video my brother shared with me. Anyways. See you all later!! I'll be posting more little random things with my phone now :) peace and love!

1 comment:

Kelly Jean said...

I just love my eastern-coast-city-music-lovin ValPal. :) Annnnd - I saw Julie & Julia on Friday with my Mom & sister.... oh my. ADORED it. I can't wait to own it!!! But I agree- makes me want to cook more (and eat healthy). Don't we just love Nora Ephron's films?? Genius.