Sunday, August 2, 2009

This week (Last week of July, the ultimate summer month... I feel a change of season is near)

What a great week, can't complain.

I worked a lot at the beginning of the week. FHE was a blast, we played outdoor games, two of my neighbors came. That was fun.

I did a lot of recording for friends projects. I was the solo vocalist for Tyson's school project, then did some background vocals for Mandi's album ("Rest Easy" - her site is under construction but soon she'll be a star!- she already is to me). That was really cool. When you all buy her album you can listen to me harmonizing on the title track :). I'm excited about being a part of these projects. It inspires me to write and work on my own album. It'll happen, I just have to believe (and work my butt off). Someday... someday.

I also left my phone at the studio (BUMMER!) and was subsequently emailing people all the time to get in contact. I got it back a couple days later only to find out the the pin pad didn't like me anymore. So I bought a new phone ($30 with a mail in rebate) ya..amazing to talk to the fam after 3 days without. They stabilize me :).

It was a good week. I learned a lot about loving yourself and enjoying the little things in the moment. I love my life, I love the Lord, I love being able to blog a lot :) and I hope I can keep it up during the school year. Love and miss you all in Utah, love and love you all in BOSTON!! yay for friends :). I will be sorrowful when this season of my life comes to a close- but for now, it's AMAZING!!!

1 comment:

kelli said...

Dear Val.
YOU are a star to me. You are amazing. Thank you for your shining example. I don't think you realize how much influence you have--keep using it for good. I love you!
Kelli. :)