Thursday, July 30, 2009

The bus

I waved and screamed as he drove right by...

it was my own fault," I should have left ten minutes earlier" I grumbled as I tried to be grateful for this opportunity to grow. "I'll just walk the bus route until the next one comes" that way I'd feel like I was at least moving closer to my destination instead of sulkily getting hotter and sweatier on that 110 degree metal bench. I followed the CT2 bus stop signs like Gretl for bread crumbs, til finally the route forked and I had the similar epiphany she must have had when she and Hansel realized that bread is really attractive to the surrounding wildlife. I had lost my route

I turned "gratefully" around to head back to the last stop, and as I crossed the bridge one more time, there came the entire loaf- the CT2 crossing my bridge, and nothing I could do about it. "Luckily I have my phone! I can call Tyson and tell him I'll be late".....o right, I left it at Ryan's last night...I'm so grateful. I think I'll just sit here on the bridge and be GRATEFUL for a minute.

Needless to say I was an hour late to Tyson's house - after getting OFF at the wrong stop and having to ask a stranger to use the GPS on his phone to find walking directions (he was one of those "save the children" people=not creepy) Hahaha. I obnoxiously rang the doorbell until his roommate answered (no phone remember?) Tyson wasn't home so I played on his ginormous computer for an hour, while emailing people with iphones who could call or text Tyson to clear things up. I eventually found out he wasn't coming back home so I finished checking my email, drank some of his grape juice and left him a note ( he has since informed me I misspelled "huge nerd"- I guess he's a sucker for "hug"s now).

LONG story short: I went a long way to check my email- but I sincerely am grateful. I always pray for the bus to come so I can be on time, so this really was just someone's joking way of telling me He wants to talk more. Tyson said he will pick me up in a car tomorrow...yay. But for the record, I know EXACTLY how to get to his house now.

No comments: