Friday, April 10, 2009

College student OCD.

I was thinking about thinking
And how things fit
And how we all accomplish "it"
And "it" is so important that the thinking happens first
and then I make a plan for when and where
and cast on "it" quite scheduled care
And think about the thought out plan

And when the time comes to execute
I'm all thought out and frankly, pooped.
I have a whole new "it" in mind,
I'm thinking of and making time
to get "it" in the other "its"
and making sure that each "it" fits.
Each colored bubble has it's time
and place
and shade
and journal,
thank you note,
parade!
Then finally when my planning's done
I've missed the "its"
Every single one.
Which gets me thinking...


...help

3 comments:

Chase said...

I definitely feel you right now (finals start next week). I can't think of any helpful advice for overcoming all of the it's and all of its problems, at least, no advice that wouldn't be cliché or corny. But thanks for acknowledging it, it's helpful to know I'm not the only one.

Sharesa Larsen said...

You just need to stop thinking about all the its and start enjoying all the its, and no need to add new its, just accomplish the its that are on your plate (though if your mom sends you an it, I would try to fit it into your schedule!) If you need more help call your brothers!

Adam Ruben said...

Wow...I'm gonna have to let that one stew for a while! Excellent point!