Friday, April 24, 2009

Keep it up!

SO I took some pictures of my laptop a while ago, with every intention blogging this story.

When I got back to school after Christmas break, I was on my way out of a slump that I'd been going through the semester before. Not just any slump- a really tuffy. Anyway, one day I was feeling particularly discouraged and I was on my computer and I shut it really quickly to go do some other things. And when I shut it I looked down at the colored stickers on the back



The stickers were put there by my niece, Sarah, while I was home for Christmas (She's inappropriately cute)




As I looked at the stickers I got so happy! One in particular stuck out to me




I felt so loved and all the things I was worrying about seemed so stupid and petty. I'm so grateful for family. I'm going to miss them this summer :(. But they are always in my heart. And I know that Heavenly Father sends us children to remind us what is important, and that He loves us and wants us to Keep Doing Our Best, and to enjoy every minute of life. Everything is going to work out- because He's in charge. Sigh* what a relief.

6 comments:

*little miss giggles* said...

when you miss your lil cutie pie...go see the thompsons...esp mary peg, she'll make all ur problems go away!! love you girly

kelli said...

Oh, Val. You are amazing!! I sure miss you. I love your guts. He is indeed in charge. But that doesn't always make things easier to deal with... keep it up! :) Cause some people look up to you. Lots. :)

vallarsen49 said...

Kell face- you gotta invite me to your bloggy blog!! I love you girl. I miss you. What's new?? what are you doing this summer?

Sharesa Larsen said...

I am glad that you were happy about the stickers instead of mad! She puts stickers everywhere, and they are hard to find! I hope you have a great day! Good luck with finals!

vallarsen49 said...

Ya she decorated my computer- cuz she loves me! I love you Sharesa :) Thanks for working so hard to get that angel here and then doing all you do to teach her truth and bring her up right :)

Kelly Jean said...

great reminder! and what a beeeeautiful niece you've got! I miss you.