Sunday, February 1, 2009

beautiful poem I found :)

I was going through an old journal of mine and I found this awesome poem I wrote this summer. It's a gem about waiting for the sweetest dream you've ever had and the joy and pain of waiting for that dream. Hope you enjoy!

Come Sweet Dream-

Come sweet Dream,
I wait I grow,
For you sweet Dream.
The seasons flow and time is slow
To bring me close to you
To life,
To love,
And so I wait in pregnant patience.
Come sweet dream

Arrive flowing stream.
Arrive! Arrive!!
At what?
To what end do you run?
At every finish you have begun.
You have all the time you will ever need
To learn to wait.
Patience little stream

Wait,
Wait my friend.
I’m not ready for the slow ascend
To dependence on two instead of one.
The climb is potential fall.
After all,
A vantage so small would not extend
Beyond its immediate fate.
Wait. Wait.

Come sweet dream.
I trust,
I know.
You come, though slow.
You come

Valerie Larsen, 7/2/08

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Beautiful :) Love how that mind of yours works.

Ellen Irion said...

i agree with kelly . . . and i think that you should post some more and keep sharing with us!