Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the secret revealed!

So this weekend I got to do something really really fun. I surprised my family by showing up in Utah for the weekend.  That was the big secret and can I tell ya- it was sooooo worth it.  Surprising them was the best thing I could have done.  I had my friend Ben pick me up for the airport and we went and decorated my little sis's car.  The only hint I left was an inside joke on her driver's side window (DEW).  She called me around 2:45 demanding to know where I was.  I said "subway" and hung up.  5 minutes later I was abruptly tackled by an 18 year old love bomb.  It was wonderful.  

I surprised my mom by sneaking up on her at Ell's soccer game.  I was on the phone with her and as soon as she heard my voice on the phone and right next to her she turned and screamed, "what are you doing here?! What are you DOING here?!" I was laughing so hard it took me a second to explain.

I surprised my dad similarly by calling the house from my bedroom.  When I walked into the kitchen, after expressing my heartfelt wish that I could magically be in Utah, all he could say was "You dirty rat." 

I surprised Creed and Sharesa too, by showing up at their house the next night, posed as Ellen needing to see her niece.  It was awesome! I loved surprising them and being with them.  Spending that weekend with my family made me realize how much I love and miss them always.  I'm so grateful that I know that we can be together forever.  And even though we're separated right now, we'll always always always be there for each other.  They are my greatest blessing and no matter where I am, it won't be better than being with them.  So to all my family- XOXOXO I can't wait to be back with you in a month and a half :). Thank you for always being there for me and loving me unconditionally.  All my love

-Val

3 comments:

L.W. said...

what a great surprise for your family!! i should do that sometime! i'm so glad you had a good time! :)

vallarsen49 said...

Ya it was really worth while. I loved it.

Kelly Jean said...

Ah. Fun!! Surprises are the best. Such memorable moments :)