Friday, February 29, 2008

I didn't...I will

Today was so good.  I didn't think so while it was happening but everything really worked out. I   woke up late, but got all the sleep I needed.  I didn't do homework this morning like I planned but I got all of my space cleared and organized and set.  I didn't get my book from the library that I wanted, but I DID get to read most of it and I chose a new monologue from it that I like even better.  I didn't make it to my jazz class, but I did make it to the later one.  I still didn't get all my homework done tonight, but i did get to spend time with friends that needed to be spent, and a large appointment got cancelled for tomorrow that will give me time to do it then- and buy groceries.  After being so worried about how today was going to go yesterday, I realize how today went and think- I shouldn't worry about tomorrow so much.  When I do my best and trust that the Lord will help me do what needs to be done, I can just trust that the day will work out and everything will be worthwhile...that's what happened today.  It WAS all worthwhile.  Tomorrow, instead of worrying I will enjoy each moment, trusting that my effort will not be wasted, that the world will go on as beautiful as the day before, and that all the things that really matter won't be hurt by one event during one day. All the things that really matter are eternal.  I didn't realize that today, but TOMORROW....I will :).

Anything really great happen to you today that you DIDN'T think about before? 

1 comment:

Kelly Jean said...

"No day but today"......from RENT! Kinda like, open the gates and seize the day! :) You do that so well. And THANK YOU for the sweet comment you left me on my blog! Ah!! What a sweet compliment!You're the best. Seriously, that made me so happy. When I wrote "those of you who know me" I was thinking just my family (cause my sisters are the usual ones who read my blog), so it was a pleasant surprise when you commented, and I had a DUH moment, cause YOU (my other sister!) know me so well, too. Anyway, I love you to pieces Valerie Larsen!! Muah!