Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am not a mouse

What do you want from me?
A lie?
To hide?
To say I don't care for things I
Desire more than any other thing!?
For what?
Some stupid game of cat and mouse?

I AM NOT A MOUSE and
I am NOT sorry.

Everything required of me,
Everything that I am counseled to
Do to prepare for my
Great desire has made me
Tall
Broad
Wise
Strong
Bold
& Even
Masculine

These things are expected of me by my leaders
Required of me by my temporal world
You ask me to build them
To make up for my loneliness
And the TEAR THEM APART
with CRITICISM.
You CRITICIZE my
Height
Breadth
Wisdom
Strength
Boldness
And say I am
Unfeminine
When it is YOU who have made me so.

Sir, YOU are NOT my partner
Sir, you are not MY partner
and with YOU I have not part.

My part is equally
Tall
Broad
Wise
Strong
Bold
Complimentary in gender
He is not a cat,
I am not a mouse

WE are equally yoked
Oxen
In partnership, equal though unique
We walk side by side
In syncing steps
Mirroring one another

He does not need me to blush and faint
To know that I am a woman
Nor do I need him to catch me to know that he is a man

He does not need me to blush and faint
To know that he is a man
Nor do I need him to catch me to know that I am a woman

We are candid and honest
We are not frivolous with our
Greatest desires or
Hide our hearts to get our dreams

I am NOT a mouse
I will not be chased
I am an ox
I am looking for my part
I am not ASHAMED to WANT and
NEVER STOP WANTING
my
EQUAL YOKE

If you cannot walk beside me
Look elsewhere,
And cease your criticism
There's nothing wrong with what I am
You're just looking for someone else.

No comments: