Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spiritual thought for the day...

I was studying my scriptures today and came accross Rev. 21:4 - it's about the Second Coming of Christ and the words are so beautiful:

4- God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isn't that gorgeous?? I read it over a few times and started thinking about all the people I know who are so happy, through the gospel. They're clean and pure and joyous, and when things go wrong they're not embittered. They have hope for something better in the future and that hope makes things BETTER for the PRESENT. So my goal is to be more focused on the Savior and less focused on my career/work/romance/friends/auditions/ blah blah blah. Because all of those things have NO POINT. If I'm not able to enjoy them. And I KNOW I can enjoy them if I make Christ a PART of them. Because He is the epitome of LOVE, and UNDERSTANDING, and PEACE, and INTEGRITY, and HONESTY....and a million other traits that can be categorized as "good" BECAUSE THEY BRING LASTING JOY (not temporal happiness) TO THOSE WHO APPLY THEM


FOCUS ON FINDING HAPPINESS NOW. BECAUSE IF YOU DON’T FIND IT NOW YOUR PAST WILL BE FILLED WITH NONE BUT SAD MEMORIES, AND YOU WILL BE OUT OF PRACTICE FOR THE FUTURE.

Peace out homies. Love you!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kelly Jean said...

This made me smile. I love your constant desire to find the positive in situations. Your choice to make the "hardships" of life bearable - even ENJOYABLE - is something I respect and feel inspired by. Love ya girl.

vallarsen49 said...

O Kell- you know when I forget to be happy, I think about you and say "alright Val, we need to read Kell's blog and channel some of that joy"- you inspire me to remember to be happy :)